Query Criteria on "Subject Contains" Fails
Preston Stephenson
2009-10-13 12:57:29 UTC
I would have to debug into code to see
what I could find. Right now I don't have
the time.

I logged a bug to look into the issue.
On Monday, October 12, 2009 at 6:06 AM,
Hi,
I am using the Groupwise 7 API and have come across a strange problem
with query criteria.
The following criteria works perfectly
‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑
Set oMessages = oFolder.FindMessages("(MESSAGE CONTAINS ""10047"")")
‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑
but this line generates an error
‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑
Set oMessages = oFolder.FindMessages("(SUBJECT CONTAINS ""10047"")")
‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑
The error message is "An invalid argument was passed in the function
call". Does anyone know why this happens? I have scoured the Developers
Guide and "SUBJECT CONTAINS" is recognised as elligible for criteria. I
also created a filter with 10047 in the subject field and then obtained
the criteria GW used with the example in the Developers Guide, but this
still didn't work.
Does anyone know what the problem is?
Thanks,
Tom
Preston Stephenson
2009-10-13 12:59:44 UTC
I closed the bug.

Thanks.
On Monday, October 12, 2009 at 6:46 AM,
Please accept my apologies ‑ a further call to the Dev_Guide code to
return filter strings also produced an error despite workng earlier. I
re‑started my machine and then the Subject Contains string functioned
as
expected.
I can't find a delete button so moderators feel free to delete the
post.